Contribute to a greener environment
No matter which of our products you buy, we are committed to minimizing our environmental impact.
Operating under the Guiding Principles of Responsible Care®, we strive to continuously improve our health, safety, and environmental performances. Our goal is to improve the environment by supplying sustainable and long-living acrylic products to the green building sector and to all other markets we serve.
- Our acrylic products are one of the most readily recyclable plastics. Some grades can be re-extruded many times without losing their properties. Our acrylics can be "reverse-polymerized" to yield the original base chemical, MMA, which can then be used to make acrylic again or a number of other commercial products.
- Evonik Cyro LLC uses an average of 20 percent and up to 75 percent pre-consumer reclaimed acrylic in its extruded acrylic products.
- Evonik Cyro LLC is one of the few manufacturers using only colorants that are free of heavy metals in its acrylic products and has done so since the 1980's.
- Our acrylic products are free of bisphenol A. Evonik Cyro LLC does not add or use plasticizers in the production of our acrylic products.
- Our acrylic products do not contain components such as formaldehyde that can result in the release of harmful vapors or gases.
- Our acrylic products do not contain paints or adhesives.
- Evonik Cyro LLC produces its acrylic monomer, polymer, and sheet in integrated manufacturing facilities in several locations across North America, helping to reduce the energy and CO2 impact involved in the transportation of its raw materials and finshed products.
- Evonik Cyro LLC operates a "one-of-a-kind" biological pollution control system that uses bacteria to remove and eliminate solvent fumes from its process. This cutting edge technology minimizes the impact of our facility on the environment.
- Our product plants are ISO 14001 certified to meet strict standards of environmental responsibility.
For architects, engineer, & retailers who are participating in a project to achieve LEED certification from the USGBC, potential LEED credits can be earned in various areas; especially the following:
LEED for Retail
Environmental Quality (EQ) Credit 4:
Low-Emitting Materials Option E.
As a component for furniture or a shelving display our products comply with the credit requirements to obtain 1 point.
LEED for New Construction
Materials and Resources (MR) Credit 5.1
Regional Materials-10 percent extracted, processed & manufactured regionally.
LEED project sites within 500 miles
of our Sanford, Maine or Osceola, Arkansas production facilities are applicable for most of our products.
Energy & Atmosphere (EA) Prerequisite 2
Utilizing ACRYLITE® Multi-Skin sheet contributes towards the building envelope requirements of ASRAE 90.1-2004 Section 5.
Evonik Cyro LLC is taking steps to reduce its carbon footprint!
We are listed on the SCS Global Services website as an environmentally friendly company. To learn more about our Recycled Content Certifications...Click for more